Profile image for Grapenut

CHEAP BOOZE! It's got to stop! On 1 January – after all the merry-making of New Year's Eve in Exmouth – I found a nearly finished bottle of cheap cider outside my front door. It was a 1.5 litre bottle, with 50% extra free, 7.5% proof, and all for the bargain price of just £1.59. No wonder the kids round here are all off their heads on booze, pills and God knows what else. The alcohol is too cheap. I'm also aware of a supermarket in the town that was selling cheap vodka by its tills for less than a fiver. Appalling. I say that cheap booze should be outlawed in this country, especially in Exmouth.

By Grapenut at 16:05 on 05/01/12

Re-post           

• Profile image for Gra30

The issue here is not the price, it's who is being allowed to buy the booze and where it is being drunk. As far as your post is concerned, the only crime being committed here was littering on your doorstep. You do not know who bought the booze or in what condition the person was drinking it, it may not have been a kid and quite possibly in a sober state.
    I see from your previous posts that you dislike Valentines day and have a very good powers of perception in identifying all the condoms around Exmouth. May be you wish to live in a booze free, sex free, partner free environment, like a commune. As a hard working couple my wife and I enjoy a drink at home, with everyone feeling the pinch savings anywhere are a blessing. Why should I be penalised in paying more. Parents need to take charge of their youngsters and the town needs strict policy on drunkenness, shops can also help by not selling to youngsters, next you will be telling me I can't spoke outside. Why should you or anyone else dictate how much I decide to pay for a product, it's my money, I earnt it and I am responsible, those that aren't need to be dealt with but AFTER the event.

By Gra30 at 19:46 on 07/03/12

• Profile image for Gra30

By the way 01 Jan in New Years Day, do you have any idea how much revenue New Years Eve brings to Exmouth and how much people spend coming here, or maybe you wish to stop that too!!!!!!!!

By Gra30 at 19:49 on 07/03/12

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent