Profile image for ALGrace

Tennis fever!

By ALGrace at 01:30 on 25/06/09

Re-post           

• Profile image for ALGrace

It's only a week into Wimbledon but if, like me, you feel inspired to try your swing or serve (unimpressive as it may be), Exmouth Tennis and Leisure Centre is offering courts for £2 on Saturdays and Sundays from 27th June until the end of August. No need to pre-book and you don't need to be a member. Get the whites out. And you thought the new Centre Court looked posh - Exmouth has SIX indoor courts, no less!

By ALGrace at 01:30 on 25/06/09

• Profile image for Mand101

Thanks for the info - just moved into the area and had been looking around for a place where I can play tennis at a reasonable price!

By Mand101 at 22:58 on 25/06/09

• Profile image for Mand101

Thanks for the info - just moved into the area and had been looking around for a place where I can play tennis at a reasonable price!

By Mand101 at 22:58 on 25/06/09

• Profile image for Rockwell1

I've lived here for about five years and have never been motivated to get myself down there. I don't feel good enough to warrant joining a club, so it's great to know that there are courts that you can just walk onto without having to book. I wonder if they'd mind me bringing strawberries, too?! Just to really get into the feel of the whole Wimbledon thing. I'm not going to do any screaming though. I'm up for a game if there's anyone else out there who enjoys it but considers themselves useless!

By Rockwell1 at 23:53 on 25/06/09

• Profile image for CarrieAsh

Having watched Murray play yesterday I feel inspired to have a go myself.

By CarrieAsh at 13:08 on 26/06/09

• Profile image for blackandblue1

Me too.Last year I had a spate of playing tennis, following Wimbledon. Didn't last though. I was put off by all the pros out on the court, s****ing as we lost the ball. It'd be great if they had a time when everyone who feels self-conscious can play - without anyone on the court who's really good. Has anyone played on the courts at the leisure centre? Is it relatively mixed ability?!

By blackandblue1 at 01:36 on 27/06/09

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent