Profile image for Rockwell1

They're not listed on the directory for Exmouth but they're close by - I really recommend trying The Green Door restaurant in Woodbury village, and The White Horse, on the Sidmouth Road, Woodbury Salterton. Had two really good meals at both recently.

By Rockwell1 at 12:48 on 06/07/11

Re-post           

• Profile image for ExeCellent

Thanks for the restaurant tips, Rockwell1! I'll give them a try when I can. And hopefully they'll be added to the directory soon, so that they can be reviewed.

By ExeCellent at 18:51 on 06/07/11

And there's a new restaurant about to open in the town centre! Michael's Café and Restaurant is at 11 Tower Street, Exmouth EX8 1NT, just alongside Les Saveurs. Michael's opens on Tuesday 12 July. and looks as though it will be high-quality. If so, that will give us four establishments – Les Saveurs, The Chronicle, Michael's and Goa Spice – that are all within a stone's throw of each other. It really is becoming "Exmouth's blossoming restaurant quarter".

By ExeCellent at 12:56 on 08/07/11

• Profile image for TrubblnStrife

Exmouth seems to suffer from a 'quantity over quality' mentality when it comes to dining, where the mark of a 'good' meal is how much food you get for your money! So it's really encouraging to see these restaurants making an effort to establish themselves in the town. Yes, the top-range restaurants may seem expensive by comparison, but in terms of real quality and value for money, they offer far more. What I would say is it's down to us to patronize them or we're in danger of losing them and being doomed to an eternity of cheap burgers and kebabs! Bon appetit!

By TrubblnStrife at 12:47 on 18/07/11

If you missed my original Exmouth People story that sparked this discussion, go to: http://tinyurl.com/453pyjg

By ExeCellent at 14:02 on 18/07/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent