Profile image for holidaymaker

I have been looking at the Exmouth webcam, I have never seen so many DOGS on a beach before There is no way I would bring my children to Exmouth for a holiday.

By holidaymaker at 08:02 on 09/01/13

Re-post           

• Profile image for PGStrange

Re: dogs on Exmouth beach. Interesting point that you've made holidaymaker. You will find that dogs are not permitted on the main section of Exmouth beach from 1 May to 30 September. Perhaps you may reconsider coming to Exmouth for a holiday?

By PGStrange at 11:50 on 09/01/13

• Profile image for holidaymaker

Doe that mean if I arrive on 2nd May I will get 7 months of excrement.

By holidaymaker at 18:26 on 09/01/13

• Profile image for Grapenut

Re: seven months of dog excrement on Exmouth beach. That's one way of looking at it, holidaymaker. However you may be interested to know that on its website, East Devon District Council says Exmouth beach is: "Cleaned both mechanically and manually on a daily basis in the summer, monthly in the winter. Dog bins are provided and dogs are welcome all year on parts of the beach and on the main beach from October to the end of April."

Some of us would also like to think that responsible dog owners make efforts to clean up after their dogs if they've fouled the beach, and that they keep off the main beach between May 1 and September 30.

Perhaps an Exmouth dog owner would like to comment? We're all ears...

By Grapenut at 17:12 on 14/01/13

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent